Trading Center 2010 (MS SQL Data Base)

Aug 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Hi,

I am trying to attach the database into my SQL Server 2008 but it keeps asking me for the "TradingCenter2010_log.ldf" file.

Any idea where to get it?

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM

You can create the SQL Server 2008 data base (.mdf along with the .log) files using the create database script (.sql) here http://tradingcenter.codeplex.com/releases/37173/download/122021

Sorry for this issue and I have removed the flawed download link and will try to ensure the log file is created with the next (created) Database Download.

If you think the scripts are awkward and it is essential to include the .mdf and .log DataBase files then please create an Work Item using the Issue Tracker and it will be looked into for the next release.

Regards

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hello again. I have uploaded the .mdf Data Base file with its corresponding log file.

Regards

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Thank you, the database and the solution both work and compile without errors, just one thing:

How to modify the connection string? I am using SQL Server 2008 enterprise edition and I have already attached the database to it. I tried to modify the connection string under App_Data folder but I couldn't get it to work.

Is that the proper place to modify the connection string from? my connection string is:

Data Source=ComputerName;Initial Catalog=TradingCenter2010;User ID=sa;Password=MyPaswword

Thanks again

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM

If your working on your local machine just put the .mdf and ldf file in the App_Data folder it should work fine so long as the Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS is the name of your SQL server or just change the name to suite.

You can of course change this, There is a DefaultValue that sets this in the "Core" Library in the DefaultValue.cs file, you do not need to change this. This is only used on the first run if running on a local system such as through Visual Studio. The value that is used is under App_Data\\TradingCenter2010.config <MSSQLConnectionString> You can change this to what ever suites your needs!

For the Membership DataBase (AspNet.mdf) it is in the file App_Data\\System\\ConnectionStrings.config

Please let me know if you are having any more trouble :-)

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM

hi again,

Where can I download the membership database (AspNet.mdf) and the log file for it? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Edited Aug 16, 2010 at 12:21 AM

AspNet.mdf/AspNetDB.mdf is not specific to Trading Center, It is the default Asp.Net Membership Data Base and is built by Microsoft to manage extreme amounts of users.

Visual Studio Automatically creates the Database the first time its referenced. using the Data-Source:Attach method as predefined in the connection string. If you have run your site in visual studio then you should not need to do anything in regards to the database. If you can not see it in your solution then please thry these steps

• Press F5 and allow the site to start. (note there should be a message in the bottom left of the page telling you if the connection is correct or not!)
  • Once the web page has finished loading close the browser and allow Visual Studio to get to an idle state.
  • Select the Web Application Project with your mouse.
  • Refresh the solution using the icon in the solution explorer tool bar.
  • Click on show all items beside it.

You should find the database in the root of the App_Data folder.

Also check the server explorer in visual studio to ensure that visual studio is connected to an Instance of SQL or more importantly the correct instance as your connection string defines.

There is no point in providing a download for the database. There are to many options to be listing them all here for creating and managing the Membership DataBase.

One way would be to use aspnet_regsql from the Visual Studio Command Prompt.

If you are a Beginner please check out these resources http://www.asp.net/get-started & http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/community.aspx

I hope I have helped you but please do let me know if there is an obvious issue (still cant get it to work) as from my end deleting the database and starting the site is re-creating the database.

Regards

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Thanks SpiderMaster, I got it working! I had to create the AspNet.mdf database and change the connection string. I have the following questions for you:

1. Can the advertisement flashing bar be removed? how?
  2. Are there any live web pages for the Trading Center?

The web page looks nice, as i will continue testing it.

Cheers,

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:28 AM
netasp wrote:

Thanks SpiderMaster, I got it working! I had to create the AspNet.mdf database and change the connection string. I have the following questions for you:

1. Can the advertisement flashing bar be removed? how?
  2. Are there any live web pages for the Trading Center?

The web page looks nice, as i will continue testing it.

Cheers,

Hello, I am glad you got it working :-)

1. Has been answered here >> [discussion:215866] http://tradingcenter.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=215866
  2. What do you mean live pages?
Aug 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Thank you SpiderMaster, it works great now without the ads.

thanks!