Site Settings - Manage Settings

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Hi,

In the site settings - Manage settings, there is an option for "Name of this Site:". I don't think its working since adding different values doesn't change anything in the site. Is it suppose to be working?

Also, the "Contact Email Address:" doesn't get used, no notifications are being sent.

Thanks

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM

HI, it should work (on the site name), however there are many config files to check; TradingCenter2010.config, site-config.xml, systemmanager.config etc. Check all the config files in your App_Data dir. 

Also, in the Masterpage code behind file, you'll find that the name is extended with a hardcoded string, better remove that as well :)

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Thank you for your reply, I will check that for sure...

Were you able to get the Email notification to work? whenever there is a new ad created, the notification does not work

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Hi, no I did not look into the email notification. I am currently rebuilding the website that comes with TradingCenter and hope to release my version in 2 weeks. So in two weeks I will look at the email stuff. If I find something, I'll let you know.

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Hmm think you are right, I did manage to change the name of the site, but in the header the framework keeps on adding Spidey's...... 

This is really bad. I see so many things that are not working and on top of that the website is a complete mess to work with. I have decided to rebuild everything. 

The framework and the core of the system is good to work with, but the website is not.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I will keep testing it when I have more time, and post any more issues i find.